Sr. Lab Specialist Environmental Monitoring and Microbiology
Taconic Biosciences, Inc.
RENSSELAER NY 12144
## Department Description
Taconic Biosciences, a global leader in providing the highest quality laboratory animal models and related services to the international biomedical research community for over 60 years, is seeking a **Senior Lab Specialist, Environmental Monitoring and Microbiology** to join our team. This position will split time between our Albany, NY and Germantown, NY locations, and can be based at either site. We support leading universities, government agencies, and pharmaceutical companies with high quality products and services that are essential to their processes empower them to progress their research forward.
We're looking for dedicated, highly motivated, and passionate individuals who will help us carry out our mission: to create innovative solutions that both progress medical research and maintain the highest standards of laboratory animal care.
## Brief Description
The Senior Lab Specialist, Environmental Monitoring and Microbiology performs all aspects of the Environmental Monitoring program including scheduling, sample collection, sample analysis, microbial identification, data entry, and data review. They will also perform routine microbiology testing for the Molecular and Diagnostic Analysis laboratory, including sample receipt, testing, identification, data entry, and review of all data entry. This individual is responsible and accountable for the accuracy of test results.
## Detailed Description
Duties of the Senior Lab Specialist, Environmental Monitoring and Microbiology include the following:
* Utilizing state-of-the-art microbial growth and identification equipment (anaerobic chamber, MALDI-TOF spectrometer, ATP meter, air sampler) to detect and identify microorganisms in diagnostic and environmental samples;
* Scheduling the collection of environmental monitoring samples in Taconic barrier locations and performing the sample collections;
* Organizing and prioritizing samples for microbial identification in a high throughput microbiology laboratory;
* Maintaining equipment for environmental monitoring including both maintenance and any necessary calibrations, certifications, or validations;
* Ensuring that all microbiology and environmental monitoring results are accurately reported and recorded in eLIMS and TQMS;
* Reviewing all data from the laboratory to ensure accuracy and accountability for accuracy;
## Job Requirements
Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university, or technical/managerial experience at an equivalent level. Candidates must have 3 - 5 years diagnostic microbiology experience. Experience in a technical or specialized field requiring extended training to perform a wide range of assignments and resolve non-standard problems required. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must. Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are required.
## Additional Details
At Taconic, we are dedicated to finding solutions to improve human health. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, and more!
If you are looking for a rewarding career and the opportunity to grow, apply today!
## How To Apply
Taconic Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.
*Job Title:* Sr. Lab Specialist Environmental Monitoring and Microbiology
*Location:* Rensselaer, NY, US
*Department Name:* Diagnostics Services (Health Testing) - 4475
*Amount of Travel:* Minimum Travel
*Work At Home:* No