Director- HSES, Quality, and Regulatory Compliance
Air Liquide USA LLC
WILMINGTON CA 90748
## Company presentation
**World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health**, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company's activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide's ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
## Entity and activity description
Advanced Business & Technologies (aB&T;) is a Business Unit of international teams part of Air Liquide Global Markets & Technologies. We open new business frontiers for the Group with a strong expertise in cutting-edge technologies and inspired by disruptive mindsets. Our purpose is to develop, shape and incubate significant new markets, sustainable for Air Liquide and for the Society. We develop user-focused, innovative and competitive solutions from the Advanced Technology fields (Space, Aerospace, Scientific Research..) to the Energy Transition territories (Hydrogen Energy, clean transportation...) with a collaborative spirit and an appetite for entrepreneurship.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
## Job Responsibilities
Located in Wilmington, CA.
Senior leader responsible for Health, Safety, Environmental, Security, Quality and Regulatory Compliance for H2 Energies in the US. Responsible for regulatory compliance including health & safety, environmental and risk / hazard analysis. Develop annual HSE, Quality and Regulatory compliance and improvement plan and ensure implementation through cooperation with operations and project management. Establish accountability and responsibility at the operations management level.
Health & Safety
* Overall responsibility for the Hydrogen Energy US safety program including
* Facility behavioral & process safety programs and processes
* Oversee the elements of the OSHA Process Safety Management standard at the all designated business PSM sites.
* Business line liaison with GM&T; HSE Director and AL US Cluster HSE Director
* Support facility expansion efforts for HSES issues
* Lead Hydrogen Energy US-wide quality initiatives covering the following programs
Regulatory Affairs & Environmental
* Senior leader responsible for compliance to all appropriate state, federal and international regulatory bodies. These include, but are not limited to the US Departments of State & Defense, DNREC, MADEP, OSHA, EPA and DOT.
* Develop and help implement plans & strategies to reduce HSES & Quality accidents and incidents and improve overall company compliance status
* Become a certified Risk Management Representative (RMR) as soon as possible (if not already one) and lead risk reviews for Hydrogen Energy Projects
* Obtain organizational buy-in and commitment for HSE improvement strategies and initiatives
* Participate in and lead HSE accident and incident investigations as well as key quality or operational issues related to HSE
* Establish high standard of safety & quality performance by assessing current efforts and programs, and developing improved consistent practices to address gaps
* Analyze safety data and make recommendations to improve the safety culture of the organization
* Conduct annual or as needed training needs / gap analysis of the business unit, aligning with the corporate strategic training plan
* Develop and manage a comprehensive Quality & HSE training program which includes identification of training needs, gap analysis, records tracking and effectiveness measurement systems.
* Develops and maintains with the input from the entity, the annual HSE plan
* Ensure proper implementation of a risk management system that conforms with AL Group policies and is adapted to the needs of the business, in the areas of occupational health and safety, environmental risks and reliability risks
* Identifies and implements tools, methods and indicators to support and measure compliance with policies and progress against objectives of the risk management system
* Maintains records and develops indicators to demonstrate conformity to the Group's risk management specifications
* Implements a feedback process to capitalize on the experiences of major and recurring incidents and to develop actions to address them
* Supports implementation of qualification and certification programs for employees in areas that affect industrial risks
* Responsible for proper implementation of IMS and self auditing program.
Behaviors (not all inclusive)
* Must be pragmatic and flexible in finding ways to comply.
* Behaves as part of the overall team with the same overall project objective of project success.
* Searches out, listens to and integrates advice given by recognized experts.
## Required Qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (chemical, mechanical , electrical, etc)
* Strong experience (5+ years) in the field one of the three areas for the role - Quality, HSES or Regulatory Affairs, or in an role that required similar skills or experience
* Strong program implementation and management skills
* The role will require up to 50% travel, at times internationally
* Associated with an office environment
* Able and willing to wear proper PPE when visiting sites and customers.
## Preferred Qualifications
*JOB TITLE:* Director- HSES, Quality, and Regulatory Compliance
*CONTRACT TYPE:* Regular
*PUBLICATION DATE:* 2018-02-12
*COUNTRY:* United States